This week, the WDW News Today Podcast covered their top 10 table service restaurants in WDW. Here at AI, we love lists, love stealing ideas, and we love offering our unqualified opinion, so here’s our list:
10. Kona Cafe – Inexplicably, this has become a must-do on our trips, usually for a pre-Magic Kingdom breakfast. Favorite items include the macadamia nut pancakes and their version of eggs Benedict. Lunch and dinner are also surprisingly good.
9. The Plaza Restaurant – This was the first restaurant I ever ate at in WDW, so there is definitely some nostalgia in play. Even so, this is a relaxing eatery that offers a nice respite from the crazy crowds of the Magic Kingdom. Besides, food always tastes better in the Magic Kingdom for some reason.
8. Boma – The only buffet on this list. It offers unique fare at a high quality that makes this my favorite buffet on property. Now if we could only get that monorail spur over to AKL…
7. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater – Food: Average; Atmosphere: Spectacular. In recent trips, we have taken to only ordering appetizers or dessert here, but the amazing theming and completely immersive experience more than make up for the mediocre food. However, would it kill them to update the movie loop every once in a while?
6. Yak and Yeti – I’m as surprised as anyone that this makes the list. However, I have a soft spot for Asian inspired food, and this is my favorite place to get it in WDW. It started out a little rough, but has steadily been improving, thus working its way up my list.
5. Hollywood Brown Derby – I think this is one of those love it or hate it places, and I love it. The prices may be somewhat high, but everything on that menu is good and prepared well.
4. Chefs de France – Somehow, they got the French serving staff at this restaurant to be almost friendly. Cheap joke on French people aside, this restaurant offers excellent French food and a much lower price point than it’s more refined cousin upstairs.
3. Victoria & Albert’s – In my mind, the most elegant meal I have been served anywhere, anytime. If it wasn’t such a hit to the budget, I would definitely eat here every trip. Saving up for the chef’s table experience someday…
2. Jiko – African-inspired gourmet food in an elegant setting makes this one stand out. The menu is crammed with exotic items, but my favorite item continues to be the macaroni and cheese. If this place had a better view, it might crack the top spot. But it doesn’t, so #1 goes to…
1. California Grill – The ultimate restaurant at WDW for me. Great menu, great atmosphere, spectacular view. I absolutely have to eat here every trip.
So there you go. No Le Cellier (over-rated, yeah you heard me), no San Angel Inn (eh), no Liberty Tree Tavern (bleh), and no Cinderella’s Royal Table (bleh and overpriced). Thoughts?